LCHS Activities / Clubs
LCHS Student Activities / Clubs
- To involve students in theatre, be onstage, backstage or in the audience.
- Meetings are held once a month. Plays are twice a year.
- See Mrs. Ethridge in Room 216
Go Green Club
- Activities include maintaining the recycle stations, removing the returnables from the cafeteria, promoting energy savings awareness and sponsoring community service projects.
- Meeting dates are yet to be set. All students are welcome.
- See Ms. Argiri in Room 111
Freshman Mentor Program
- Responsible for helping freshmen students adjust to high school life through freshmen orientation and school projects.
- Requires about one hour every three weeks.
- Any junior or senior is eligible to join (can apply at end of junior or sophomore year)
- Application process with teacher nomination and/or recommendation.
- Sponsors: Ms. Prescott and Mr. Grix
National Art Honor Society
- To create an awareness and appreciation for the fine arts in our school and community.
- Students must have completed 1 art class at LCHS, maintain a 3.3 GPA in Art, complete an application and submit 3 letters of recommendation.
- See Mrs. Prange in Room 134.
National Honor Society
- National Honor Society is based on scholarship, leadership, character and service.
- Members must participate in NHS events/school projects for at least 10 hours per year, such as tutoring, fundraising and leadership skills.
- Students who have a 3.3 GPA or higher are eligible to apply. Must be involved with at least one other school sponsored sport, club or activity.
- Sponsor: Jason Stys
- Quiz Bowl consists of general trivia questions ranging over many topics. Competitions use a lock-out buzzer system in a competitive match.
- Games take place on Tuesday evenings from October through January. Practice schedule is yet to be set. All students are welcome to play.
- See Ms. Sonsara in Room 123 for more information.
Senior Honors Project
- Students who have a 3.0 overall GPA for 4 years in high school may choose to spend the last 2 weeks of school in a work environment to learn more about a particular field.
- There are several mandatory meetings prior to leaving for the Senior Honors project. Students must meet GPA requirements.
- First meeting is held in December
- Contact Mrs. Keener in Room 101